IslamBradford Nikah Services
Alhamdulillah, you have come to this page looking to find a place and a person to perform a Nikah.
Wedding (nikah) is a solemn and sacred social commitment between wedding couple. This commitment is a powerful agreement “mithaqun Ghalithun” as expressed in Quran 4:21).
The Islamic Wedding Ceremony
Lets see the fundamentals. The nikah is a simple ceremony in which a man and woman declare their oral commitment to each other as husband and wife. It is a “contract” to which both must consent and it is regarded as an act of worship (ibadah).
In the very basic form of the ceremony:
There is the Al-Ijab wal-Qubul (offer and acceptance) only, where the Wali (woman’s guardian in marriage) offers the bride to the groom, who then accepts.
One matrimonial party expresses ‘ijab” willing consent to enter into marriage and the other party expresses ‘qubul” acceptance of the responsibility in the assembly of marriage ceremony.
(The Wali may say: “I give you my daughter/the girl in my guardianship in marriage in accordance to the Islamic Shari’ah in the presence of the witnesses here with the dowry agreed upon. And Allah is our best witness.”)
The husband-to-be replies with: “I accept marrying your daughter/in your guard giving her name to myself in accordance to the Islamic Shari’ah and in the presence of the witnesses here with the dowry agreed upon. And Allah is our best witness.”
The ceremony is then complete! Yes, over in just a few minutes!
The conditions of Nikah
1) Mutual (consent) agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
2) Legal guardian Wali ( Muslim ) or his representative, wakeel, ” representing “the bride
3) Two adult and sane Muslim male witnesses, (Ash-Shuhud )
4) Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both
PLEASE NOTE: We require at least 3 weeks notice for the date of the Nikah to be performed and is only performed after Dhuhur prayer on Sunday. No stage setup and food allowed. Only our registered Imam’s will conduct the nikah. A nikah will only be performed subject to availability of an Imam on the day required.
1) **Please note that we reserve the right to refuse an application without citing any reason**
2) The applicant should normally be the legal guardian of the bride (Wali), the groom or the bride.
3) Either the groom or bride must be long term residents of the Bradford District.
4) No food will be served on the premises during the ceremony.
5) The Imam will be appointed by the centre only.
6) The Bridge, Groom, Wali and the two male witnesses will be required to attend.
7) No payment should be made to the Imam. The centre will collect fees via our website before the ceremony. Fees payable are:
Up to 50 guests (Sisters’ Hall only – £150)
Between 50-100 guests (Sisters’ Hall and Upstairs Hall – £200)
8) The ceremony will typically last for 30 minutes. All guests should leave the building after the ceremony.
9) Two sets of certificates will be issued and an electronic copy retained for our records.
10) The Nikah does not constitute a civil marriage.
11) Any falsified information may render the Nikah invalid.
12) The centre does not provide a Nikah ceremony or speeches held at external venues.
13) Photo ID such as passport will be required via this form to verify the identity of all parties involved. IF not attached we will reject the application form.
14) The centre is not responsible for any damage to vehicles left in the car park.
15) The Applicant will be personally liable for any damage to the centre arising during the ceremony.
16) Please note that other parts of the centre may be in use at the same time as the Nikah.
17) Any queries can be sent to [email protected]
May Allah bless your marriage!